At Bamboo, we take seriously our obligation to respect and protect the privacy of the personal information of individuals with whom we deal.
The information we collect and hold
We collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- Provide you with quality products or services
- Protect and improve our products (and services)
- Consider orders and requests and approaches you make to us
- Maintain your contact details
We collect such information in two ways, first from the information you give us (such as when you order a product online or by phone) and information we get from your use of our services such as when you visit our websites which contain our advertising and you view and interact with our ads and content.
In some cases, we collect personal information from third parties including public sources and our related companies and only ever by lawful and correct means.
We generally hold personal information relating to:
- The information which you provide to us which is part of your identity, such as your name, e-mail address or billing information, delivery address and special delivery instructions or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information
- The products and services we provide or have provided to you
- The keeping of demographic data, if you are a customer or potential customer of ours
- The recording of our interactions with you, including by telephone, email and online
- Your enquiries or complaints.
We also collect personal information from people who submit applications or register interest for employment with us.
How that information is used
We use and disclose personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us or for related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission with an organisation such as ours.
For example, we may use and disclose personal information to process orders and requests, administer and manage our products and services including monitoring, auditing, and evaluating those products and services, model and test data, communicate with you and deal with any complaints or enquiries.
We may also use and disclose your personal information (on a confidential basis) in connection with acquisitions, mergers or changes in control of our business or assets.
We also use your personal information for marketing purposes such as to provide information about products, promotions and services which we expect may be of interest to you. However, we do respect your right to ask us not to do this. We have a simple opt-out regime in place.
We do not sell personal information to other organisations to allow them to do this.
We may share personal information inside the Bamboo, and may disclose personal information outside Bamboo:
- To service providers who provide services including website and technology services, internet service providers, credit gateways, archival, auditing, accounting, customer contact, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, delivery, data processing, data analysis, information broking, mailing, marketing, research, investigation, insurance, identity verification and maintenance,
A ‘cookie’ is a packet of information placed on your computer when you visit a website used for recognition/user preference/record keeping purposes.
Cookies are generally used on Bamboo (thebamboo.life) sites to:
- Access online services
- Manage advertising
- We use advertising companies to deliver our online advertising. When you see one of our ads on a third party website, cookies are sometimes used to collect anonymous information about what pages you visit and the type of software you are using. This data may be used by third parties to target advertising on other sites based on your online activity.
- Monitor traffic
- We use tracking technology to gather anonymous information about how people are using our sites. This information includes the time of visit, pages visited, and some system information about the type of computer you are using. We use this information to enhance the content and services offered on the site
- Collect identifiable information about your use of our websites
- If we have identified you as a result of you logging into a Bamboo portal or accessing our website from an e-mail or other personalised communication sent to you or providing us with personal information by completing a form online.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent.
Where you contact us seeking resolution of your privacy concerns, we will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response.
If your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may have the right to escalate your complaint to an external dispute resolution scheme or regulatory authority.
We can provide further details of the appropriate scheme/regulator for you on request, as these may vary by jurisdiction or product.